University of Wyoming – Online Pharmacy & Pharmacy Technician Degrees
The University of Wyoming (the only four-year institution in Wyoming) is located in Laramie, a city of approximately 25,000 located in the southeastern corner of Wyoming.
- The School of Pharmacy is a unit of the College of Health Sciences which also includes programs in nursing, kinesiology and health, communion disorders and social work as well as the Cheyenne and Casper Family Practice Residency programs and preprofessional student advising.
- The University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy is recognized throughout the United States. The professors are experienced in teaching, dedicated to their field and skilled in their areas of research.
- Small classes assures each student individual attention. The School belongs to the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy and adheres to the high educational standards set by this national organization and its program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education.
- A University of Wyoming pharmacy degree meets the educational requirements for registration as a pharmacist in Wyoming, in all other states and in the District of Columbia. Students first enrolled in the University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy in 1946.
- The first class graduated 23 (21 men and 2 women) in June 1950. The School became part of the newly established College of Health Sciences in 1968 and the present building was first occupied in 1969. The School has had over 1000 graduates since that first graduation in 1950.
- The University of Wyoming campus is located near the center of Laramie. Interstate 80 exits and highway 287 are convenient to the campus; air, and bus transportation are also available.
- The School of Pharmacy is located in its own building in the northwest corner of the campus. The University of Wyoming has an enrollment of approximately 11,602 students representing 50 states and 58 foreign countries providing a mix of cultural and geographic backgrounds.
- The enrollment of the School of Pharmacy has a mix of Wyoming residents and nonresidents. The five pharmacy student organizations (Academy of Students of Pharmacy, Phi Delta Chi, Phi Lamba Sigma, Rho Chi and the student chapter of NCPA) schedule informative programs and social activities throughout the year.
- Pharmacy students have also found enjoyment in the University’s many extracurricular activities. The University operates furnished residence halls for single students and furnished apartments for married students. Sorority and fraternity housing as well as off-campus housing is available.
The University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy offers the Doctor of Pharmacy degree as the single entry level professional pharmacy degree.
- The degree requires a minimum of 142 semester-hours credit in required and elective courses. The curriculum has been developed within the guidelines of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education taking into consideration the variety of career opportunities as well as general education needs.
- The final year is devoted to rotations involving learning experiences in hospitals, community pharmacies, nursing home and health-related agencies. Students are required to live in locations other than Laramie when enrolled in the clinical rotations.
PHARMCAS | Application Deadline
Yes: January 03
- 2004 State Resident: 6426 Non-Resident: 14348 Fees Mandatory: 316 Optional: 0
- 2005 State Resident: 7400 Non-Resident: 16613 Fees Mandatory: 666 Optional: 0
- 2006 State Resident: 7631 Non-Resident: 16165 Fees Mandatory: 694 Optional: 179
- 2007 State Resident: 8092 Non-Resident: 18088 Fees Mandatory: 10 Optional: 367
- The candidate should have a good background in mathematics, English and science. Students with 15 hours or less of college credit are required to submit ACT or SAT scores.
- Admission with advanced standing may be obtained by the presentation of certified credits from other accredited colleges and universities.
- Admission to the professional program requires the student to have completed all of the courses listed in the preprofessional program or their equivalents.
|General Chemistry w/Lab||8|
|Organic Chemistry w/Lab||8|
|General Biology w/Lab||4|
|Animal Biology w/Lab||4|
|Human Anatomy w/Lab||4|
|Medical Microbiology w/Lab||5|
|Human Systems Physiology w/Lab||4|
Admission to the professional program is limited to 48 and is competitive. Preference is given to Wyoming high school graduates. Contact the School of Pharmacy for the curriculum bulletin. Applications and PCAT scores must be submitted by February 1 for the following fall semester to PharmCAS; no admission is made for the spring semester. Applicants who are not citizens must submit TOEFL and TSE scores by February 1.
- Accreditation Status
Admitted Student Profile
- Average: 3.6
- Range: 21-39
- Admitted-Ratio: 10:1
University of Wyoming School of Pharmacy
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071
Visit: University of Wyoming – School of Pharmacy