University of Southern Nevada – Online Pharmacy & Pharmacy Technician Degrees
The University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy (USN) offers a Doctor of Pharmacy program, leading to the Pharm.D. degree.
- Located in the fastest-growing city in the US-Las Vegas/Henderson-USN is a private, independent college, committed to delivering progressively designed curriculum that ensures the proficiency of its graduates.
- The cornerstone of USN’s vision is producing top-quality graduates who are in constant demand by employers, highly competent in dealing with the daily demands, challenges and rewards of contemporary pharmacy practice, well prepared to step into the future of healthcare, armed with confidence, innovation and professionalism, and competent, caring, ethical professionals.
The College utilizes the block system of curricular design, which provides students with the opportunity to study one content area intensely.
- Faculty, using a variety of educational strategies, help students achieve the learning objectives for each block.
- The program does not award students traditional letter grades (e.g., A, B, C, D or F).
- However, faculty require students to demonstrate competency by successfully passing every assessment (examination) that is given at the end of each block.
- The program also offers a unique experiential training program that places students in a community pharmacy practice setting within the first two weeks after beginning. This exposure to pharmacy practice continues throughout the program.
- The curriculum is arranged such that students enrolled in the program can earn the Pharm.D. degree in three years, rather than four.
- Students fulfill academic requirements throughout the year. However, the curricular schedule allows for a variety of breaks between academic blocks and clinical rotations as well as time for limited summer and holiday vacations.
PHARMCAS | Application Deadline
No Jan 12
- 2004 State Resident: 29106 Non-Resident: 29106 Fees Mandatory: 550 Optional: 0
- 2005 State Resident: 30852 Non-Resident: 30852 Fees Mandatory: 600 Optional: 0
- 2006 State Resident: 32703 Non-Resident: 32703 Fees Mandatory: 600 Optional: 0
- 2007 State Resident: 34500 Non-Resident: 34500 Fees Mandatory: 1900 Optional: 0
- have completed the equivalent of a minimum of 60 semester credit hours (90 quarter hours) of pre-pharmacy study in an accredited college or university in the United States;
- achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5/4.0 or its equivalent in order to have their applications considered for admission;
- have received a grade of “C” (or its equivalent) or better in all prerequisite courses.
It is recommended that all required coursework be completed within six calendar years of the time of application to the program. Prerequisite course work includes the following: Sem. hrs Qtr. hrs
|General Chemistry with Lab||8||12|
|Organic Chemistry with Lab||8||12|
The Anatomy and Physiology criteria for acceptance as a prerequisite will be as follows: Sem. hrs
|OR Human Anatomy and Physiology I||3|
|Human Anatomy and Physiology II||3|
|OR Human physiology||6|
Anatomy and physiology courses with modifiers other than “human” (e.g., mammalian, vertebrate) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Accreditation Status
Admitted Student Profile
- Average: 3.7
- Range: 19-54
- Admitted-Ratio: 7.6:1
3 year accelerated pharmacy school program
University of Southern Nevada College of Pharmacy
11 Sunset Way
Henderson, NV 89014
Visit: University of Southern Nevada – College of Pharmacy