South Carolina College of Pharmacy – Online Pharmacy & Pharmacy Technician Degrees
The South Carolina College of Pharmacy (SCCP) is the merger of the Colleges of Pharmacy at the University of South Carolina in Columbia and the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
- The USC Campus of the SCCP is located in the Midlands of South Carolina on the campus of a major comprehensive university.
- The MUSCCampus is located on the coast of South Carolina on the campus of a major medical center. With the combined resources of a health sciences center and a large comprehensive university we offer premier pharmacy education that extends throughout the state, provides national leadership, and conducts pioneering research.
- The SCCP admitted its first Doctor of Pharmacy class of 110 students on the USC campus and 80 students on the MUSC campus in Fall 2006. There is a single application process for admission to both campuses.
- MUSC does not provide on-campus housing.The Student Life Center operates a housing office to assist students in relocating to Charleston. Information regarding current availability of off-campus housing can be obtained by contacting the housing office at (843)792-0394.
- The SCCP Doctor of Pharmacy program is approved by the South Carolina Commission of Higher Education.
The curriculum leading to the entry-level Pharm.D. consists of a minimum of two years of prepharmacy coursework followed by four years of professional curriculum in the College.
- Once admitted, the student embarks on a four-year program, the first three of which involve the basic pharmaceutical and health sciences courses necessary for proper orientation to the profession as well as introductory pharmacy practice experiences.
- The fourth and final year consists of advanced pharmacy practice experiences, which are devoted to firmly
- establishing the students’ knowledge base in the areas of diseases and drug therapy disease state management and pharmaceutical care through a broad range of practical experience in a variety of patient-care settings.
- In addition to the Pharm.D. degree, the SCCP offers several graduate degree programs.
- The Columbia campus offers M.S. and Ph.D. programs in pharmaceutical science and pharmaceutical health outcomes sciences.
- The MUSC campus offers the Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, a dual Pharm.D./Ph.D. degree option and a Pharm.D./MBA degree program in conjunction with the Citadel.
PHARMCAS | Application Deadline
- 2007 State Resident: 16340 Non-Resident: 32680 Fees Mandatory: 0 Optional: 0
- Electives must be chosen from the social sciences, or humanities. The USC campus offers the prepharmacy curriculum and interested students may apply through the USC Admissions Office.
- The prepharmacy curriculum is not available on the MUSC campus.
Admission to the SCCP is competitive and is based on the applicant’s completion of prepharmacy requirements.
- Academic record (GPA),
- letters of recommendation,
- interview evaluations (formal/informal),
- extracurricular activities,
- work experience,
- and student personal statement concerning their goals for a career in pharmacy.
Applicants must take the PCAT and have official scores reported prior to the end of the application period, on or before January 1. As a state-supported institution, preference will be given to in-state applicants. In-State students are defined as South Carolina residents and any non-South Carolina Resident attending a South Carolina College or University. Applicants should apply online by going to the SCCP web site at http://sccp.sc.edu (see below). Individuals may apply beginning July 1. The deadline for completed applications is January 1.
|General Chemistry lecture||6|
|General Chemistry lab||2|
|organic Chemistry lecture||6|
|organic Chemistry lab||2|
|electives (all in social sciences and humanities)||9|
- Accreditation Status
Admitted Student Profile
- Average: 3.58
- Range: 19-43
- Admitted-Ratio: 3.6:1
South Carolina College of Pharmacy
- USC Campus
Coker Life Science Building
715 Sumter Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29208
- MUSC Campus
280 Calhoun Street
PO Box 250141
Charleston, SC 29425
Visit: South Carolina College of Pharmacy