How Healthy Are You? 100 DIY Tests and Quizzes
With a better general awareness of health, fitness, and nutrition, many people may feel that they are staying on track in doing what they need to in order to stay healthy. If you would like to see how you measure up, then take a few of these quizzes or tests to see what you know and learn how you can keep yourself healthy and fit. With categories including women’s health, men’s health, children’s and teen health, specific health issues, fitness, nutrition, and more, you will find plenty of quizzes to ensure you are on the right track with you and your family’s health. Remember, though, that these quizzes never substitute for a visit to your healthcare provider.
From menopause to breast health to sexuality, these quizzes will test your knowledge of women’s health issues.
- iVillage Women’s Health 411. From menopause to high cholesterol to allergies, find out what you know about women’s health issues here.
- Women’s sexual health quiz: How does menopause affect sex?. Answer these 10 question to see what you know about this relationship.
- Breast Health Quiz. See what you know about keeping your breasts healthy with this quiz.
- Midlife Health Quiz. From mammograms to strong bones to hot flashes, find out how much you know about your midlife health.
- Candida Quiz for Women. Take this assessment to determine if you may have candida, or a yeast infection.
- Folic Acid Quiz. Women of childbearing age should take this quiz to test their knowledge of folic acid.
- CDC – Test Your Knowledge About Women’s Health. Answer these True/False questions to see what you know about women’s health.
- Why Is Breast Milk Best?. Take this quiz to test your knowledge of why so many experts recommend breast milk for babies.
- Are You in Perimenopause?. Women can go into perimenopause as early as their 30′s. See if you are already there.
- How Much Do You Know About Fertility?. If you would like to have children, then you should take this quiz to ensure you know what you should about fertility.
These quizzes will help you learn what you know about men’s health.
- CDC – Test Your Knowledge About Men’s Health. These 10 questions will provide a glimpse into what you know about men’s health.
- Prostate symptoms self-assessment. If you’ve already been diagnosed with an enlarged prostate, take this assessment to find out if you should get further urinary tract screenings.
- Sexual Health Inventory for Men. Find out if you have erectile dysfunction with this quiz.
- Male Health Quiz. From sexuality to a healthy diet, see what you know about male health.
- PSA Age/Race Calculator. This simple tool will help you find your risk for prostate cancer based on your age and race.
- PBH Calculator. This tool will help determine if you should see a professional about the potential of an enlarged prostate.
- Candida Quiz for Men. Find out if you may have candida, or a yeast infection, with this assessment tool.
- Do You Know the Bald Truth About Hair Loss?. Are you losing your hair? Then take this quiz to find out how much you know about hair loss.
- How Much Do You Know About Condoms?. Just because you may be using them doesn’t mean you know all about them. See how much you know here.
While some of these quizzes are just for kids to enjoy, some are also to see how much parents know about kid’s health.
- Kids Health and Exercise Quiz. Test your knowledge on nutrition, exercise, and more with this multiple choice quiz.
- Stress-O-Meter Quiz. Kids, answer these 8 questions to see if you may be under too much stress.
- Milestones Checklist. Parents can make sure their child is developing within normal limits with this tool.
- Kids’ Health Quiz: Understanding Your Child’s Eating and Activity Habits. Find out if your child might be at risk for obesity and poor health here.
- Test Your Knowledge About Kids’ Health. Parents can take this quiz to see what they know about everything from dental issues to tobacco use in the home.
- BMI Calculator for Child and Teen. See if your child or teen is within a healthy weight range based on age and gender.
- Quiz: What’s Your Emergency IQ?. Find out how prepared you are in case an emergency happens involving your child.
From suicide to sexuality, these quizzes will seek to see what you know about the health issues especially important for teens.
- Suicide Risk Assessment. Take this assessment to determine if your friend might be at risk for suicide.
- FFYR Protect Yourself. Answer these 21 questions to see what you know about protecting your sexual health.
- Choose Respect Dating Abuse Quiz. Click on the quiz at this site to find out what you know about dating abuse.
- Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships Quiz. Make sure you know what you need to about healthy relationships to prevent problems now and in your future.
- The Powerful Girl Quiz. See how much you know about bone health and find out what you can do to strengthen your bones.
- Quiz: Bone Health. Another quiz to test your bone health, this one focuses on what you do every day to grow strong bones.
- Heads Up: Concussion in Youth Sports. Find out if you know the truth about concussions and sports. This quiz is for parents, athletes, and coaches.
- Quiz: Eating Disorder Assessment. Take this quiz to determine if you may have an eating disorder.
- Quiz: Are you ready to have sex?. If you have been struggling with the decision to have sex, this 45 question quiz will provide you guidance that may help your decision-making process.
General Health Quizzes
Find out how much you know about health, if you are doing the best to stay healthy, and how well you’ve stayed current with health news with all these quizzes.
- The Health Quiz. From the New York Times, this interactive quiz will tell you what you know (or don’t know) about your health.
- The Dr. Oz Health Quiz. Take this 16 question quiz that covers everything from aging to nutrition to body functions.
- Take a Health Quiz. Select one of three quizzes here to find out what you know about your health.
- Soap Box Soap Company Herb Quiz . Find out what you know about medicinal herbs in this quiz from a soap company that often uses these herbs in their products.
- Quiz: Test Your Health IQ. Not only can you find out how much you know about your health with this quiz, you can also get suggestions for ways to protect your health.
- Helia Health Challenge Quiz. Facebook users can add this app, take the quiz, and share with friends.
- Hot Topics Health Quiz. See how much you know about current health topics in the news.
- Health Savvy Quiz. From food storage to vaccines, learn how savvy you are when it comes to health issues.
- Environmental Health Quiz. Find out what you know about the relationship of environmental factors to your health.
- General Health Quiz. From exercise to lifestyle change to eating habits, see what you know with this quiz.
- How’s your memory? Take our health quiz. See what you remember about health topics from the news a few years ago.
- Are you leading a healthy lifestyle?. Answer these questions that range from sleep habits to drinking to exercise and find out how healthy your lifestyle is.
Quizzes about Specific Health Issues
From aging to heart health to allergies, find out how much you know about these health issues.
- Digestive Health Quiz. Answer these 9 questions and see what you know about your digestive health.
- Anti-aging quiz: Secrets to a longer, healthier life. This quiz tests your knowledge on health and aging. See how much you know.
- Continence Calculator. This tool will help you determine what type of incontinence problems you may be experiencing.
- Heart quiz: Put your heart smarts to the test. Help prevent heart disease by ensuring you know what you need to about heart health.
- Heart Health Quiz. Find out how much you know about the heart and ways to keep it healthy.
- Pain quiz: Do you believe the myths?. Find out how much you know about pain with this quiz.
- Dr. Manny’s Health Quiz: Test Your Knowledge about Migraines. This simple quiz will let you know what you know about these debilitating headaches.
- Home Allergy Quiz. Do you know how to allergy-proof your home? Take this quiz to find out.
- Stroke Risk Quiz. This short quiz will let you know if you may be at risk for a stroke.
Eating healthy and making the right choices when it comes to portion size and types of food will keep you in good health. Find out with these quizzes if you are making the right choices.
- Which Fast Food Option is Lower in Calories?. You may be surprised by the results of this quiz that asks you to compare between popular fast foods to determine which has fewer calories.
- Nutritional Health Quiz. Find out if your nutritional habits are putting your health at risk.
- Check the Quality of Your Multiple. Get out your multiple vitamin and check the ingredients against this quiz to see what quality vitamin you take.
- Analyze My Plate. This interactive tool allows you to drag your food on a plate to see how healthy and nutritional it is. Test your knowledge by trying to create healthy plates.
- How Healthy Is Your Kid’s Diet?. Not only will this quiz help you analyze your child’s nutrition, but most of this information pertains to adults as well–so check your own nutrition while you’re at it.
- Quiz: Can You Recognize the Hidden Fats?. This quiz measures what you know about the fat content in common foods, including some name brands.
- Quiz: How Much do You Know about Portion Size?. Find out if you are eating too much at your meal time with this quiz.
- Nutrition Quiz. Take this short quiz to see how much you know about the nutritional value of some common foods.
Are you doing your best to stay physically fit? Take these quizzes to find out.
- Commit to Get Fit. How much do you know about fitness and nutrition? Find out with these 6 questions.
- Quiz: Fitness fact or fiction. Learn how much you know about exercise and fitness with this quiz from MayoClinic.com.
- Fitness quiz: Test your fitness awareness. Another fitness quiz from MayoClinic.com, this one finds out how aware you are about fitness throughout your life.
- Healthy Weight: Assessing Your Weight: Adult BMI Calculator. Determine if you are at a healthy weight in proportion to your height.
- Health Trends Quiz. From yoga to Pilates to kick boxing, see what you know about these current fitness trends.
- Test Your Fitness. Take this quiz to determine how fit you really are.
- Quiz: Do You Know How to Walk Your Way to Fitness?. Find out how much you know about walking and your fitness.
- Quiz: What’s Your Fitness IQ?. See what you know about fitness with this short quiz.
Mental Health Quizzes and Assessments
Make sure you are taking good care of your mental health too, but taking these quizzes to determine if you need help.
- Alcohol-use quiz: Drinking too much carries high costs. See how much you know about the devastating effects of too much alcohol.
- Alcohol-use self-assessment: Rate your drinking habits. This assessment will help you determine if you should seek help for a drinking problem.
- RealAge Stress and Anxiety Health Assessment. Learn if your anxiety and stress levels require intervention or if you can manage on your own.
- Depression self-assessment. Find out if your symptoms may indicate that you are suffering from depression with this self-assessment tool.
- Anxiety Disorder Quiz. Take this short quiz to see how much you know about anxiety and anxiety disorders.
- Stress assessment. Are you under too much stress? Use this assessment to determine if you are putting yourself at risk.
Good dental health can prevent other health issues. Find out how you are doing with your dental hygiene with these quizzes.
- What’s Your Dental Health IQ?. From plaque to brushing, find out what you know about dental health.
- Dental Health and Hygiene Quiz. Parents can select their expertise level and find out how much they know about keeping their children’s teeth clean and healthy.
- Oral Health Quiz. From low birth-weight babies to heart attack and stroke, learn what you know about the connection between oral health and other health issues.
- Oral Health Quiz. This quiz measures how much you know about the relationship of dental health to your diabetes.
- How good are your pearly whites?. Take this quiz to see how your dental health rates.
These assessments can tell you whether or not you may be at risk for developing one of these health issues.
- Arthritis – Assess Your Risk. Answer these 5 questions to determine if you may be at risk for arthritis.
- Arthritis – Assess Your Symptoms. Similar to the above quiz, this one has only 7 questions to determine if your symptoms may be due to arthritis.
- Alzheimer’s quiz: Diagnostic clues. Use this quiz to help you decide if you should speak to your health care provider about the possibility of Alzheimer’s.
- Diarrhea quiz: Do you know when it’s serious?. Find out if it’s time to call the doctor with this easy quiz.
- Getting Around: A Mobility Quiz. Assess your mobility with this quiz and see if you might need some help.
- Asthma control test. Answer these questions to see if you are successfully controlling your asthma or if you may need to see your doctor.
- Diabetes risk self-assessment. Should you see your doctor for a diabetes screening? Take this assessment to find out.
- Migraine self-assessment. If you feel migraines are taking over your life, use this tool to determine if you should see your doctor.
These tests can be taken at home and either sent back to the lab or read at home. While they allow much more privacy than going to a lab, remember to consult a physician after you test.
- HIV. The Home Access HIV kit allows you to test privately in your home for HIV and is approved by the FDA.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Find out how you can test at home to determine if you have this sleep disorder from this article from Medical News Today.
- Genetics. Plenty of genetic testing companies are willing to provide tests you can do at home. Make sure you can rely on the results from the test you take by following the advice of professionals.
- Diabetes. It’s estimated that over 6 million people are unaware they have diabetes. Taking a test at home to determine if you have diabetes is a smart move if you have any symptoms or may be at risk.
If you enjoyed this article, please bookmark it at del.icio.us »
This entry was posted on Thursday, December 4th, 2008 at 8:23 am and is filed under Health Resources. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.